Welcome to Interserve Australia a global mission agency serving where Christ is least known. National Office Mailing Address:
PO Box 231, BayswaterVIC 3153 Street Address:
Suite 17, 653 Mountain Highway, Bayswater
Freecall 1800 067 100 Tel 03 9729 9611 Fax 03 9729 9422 Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Vision: Lives and communities transformed through encounter with Jesus Christ
Interserve Partners seek to be instruments of reconciliation, restoration and healing for individuals and communities, in the knowledge that only a restored relationship with God will produce sustainable and complete transformation.
Interserve is an interdenominational and truly international community of Christians, bringing God's love to the peoples of Asia and the Arab World through word and action. Wherever we work, we do so in partnership serving the global church and encouraging newer mission movements.
Our 800+ mission Partners use their professinal skills, such as medicine, theological education, teaching or business to share the love of Christ with the people with whom they live and work. They act as salt and light in some of the hardest places in the world in obedience to Jesus' commission to "go and make disciples of all nations".
Our purpose is to make Jesus Christ known through wholistic* ministry in partnership with the global church, amongst the neediest peoples of Asia and the Arab World.
*Wholistic: the choice of spelling is deliberate, emphasising the nature of mission being from the whole of God, to the whole world, with the whole gospel.
- We carefully balance word and deed so that the Gospel comes alive in all its fullness. Skilled
- We value education and experience and are willing to get our hands dirty to serve God and contribute to workplaces, churches and communities. Partnered
- We never operate alone, but commit to working alongside others to reach common goals. We genuinely support our people with member care that goes above and beyond.Locally-led
- The local leaders where we serve need to make decisions in a way that makes sense for their cultural context and we humbly work under their leadership.Marginalised
- We actively serve among those who are most in need.Asia & Arab World
- We focus on serving and sharing Jesus among the hard to reach places, where people have little or no understanding of Christ. Interserve's provides individualised placements within country teams that match your skills and passion with the challenging needs.
- we run one or two of these a year to help build a vision of the opportunities for mission
Short term assignments are from six weeks up to two years make a great contribution to long-term efforts
Long term assignments are from two years plus. Change takes time. Long-term sustainable change takes a long-term commitment, learning the language, the culture and building relationships. Mission needs people committed for the long-term.
CultureConnect is our Australian outreach ministry bridging the gap from the church to ethnic minorities
is a member of Australia’s Missions Interlink
andis a signatory to the Australian Council for International Development
(ACFID) Code of Conduct.
If you believe Interserve is not compliant with the code complaints should be directed to ACFID. www.acfid.asn.au/code-of-conduct/complaints-and-compliance-monitoring
or phone 02 6281 9222.
Complaints about Interserve's activities can be directed to email@example.com